Associate Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
What is Associate Membership?
Are you starting your career as an occupational hygienist?
Don't miss out.
This is the first step for those wishing to gain professional recognition as an Occupational Hygienist.
It demonstrates you have relevant skills and knowledge, you are commitment towards CPD, the BOHS Code of Ethics and your development and ensures you remain relevant and employable.
As an Associate member you'll be able to use the AFOH post-nominals and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Associate members are required to:
- Complete CPD
- Comply with our Code of Ethics
- A minimum of one of the occupational hygiene modules or W201 Basic Principles of Occupational Hygiene; or
- A BOHS approved degree in occupational hygiene or
- Hold the Occupational Hygiene & Engineering Control Course from the University of Illinois in Chicago.
- Hold an IOHA-accredited professional qualification and working towards the Diploma (current list of eligible NAR qualifications available on the IOHA Website)
- Post Nominal Letters - AFOH
- Access to Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Free subscription to the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, our peer-reviewed scientific journal usually worth over £1000, including access to the full archive
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
- 20% discount on any public health and epidemiology titles published by OUP
£94.00 for the year.
You will need to renew your membership by the 31 December and each year after that. We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much you is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log in or register for a MyBOHS account using the link below
- Complete the Associate membership application form
- Pay your membership fee
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.
BOHS Mentoring Program
Whether you are an emerging professional seeking to develop your skills in occupational hygiene, looking to graduate through the BOHS membership ranks or are a seasoned, long-standing BOHS member looking to give back to the profession, the mentoring program is available to all membership levels.