Progressive roles within occupational hygiene may include:
There are various levels within occupational hygiene through which people tend to progress as they increase their competency by training and building experience.
- Occupational Hygiene Technician – with specific expertise in a limited area, e.g. asbestos or workplace aerosol monitoring
- Occupational Hygiene Associate – with wider and developing expertise recognised at Faculty Associate level
- Occupational Hygienist – with broad expertise recognised at Faculty Licentiate level
- Chartered Occupational Hygienist – with broad expertise including working strategically with leadership and recognised at Faculty Member level
- Manager/Director of Occupational Hygiene - taking leadership of a team of occupational hygienists
- Occupational Health Director - managing a multi-disciplinary occupational health team
We offer a continuous professional development scheme with our membership to encourage your career progression and demonstrate your dedication to the occupational hygiene profession.