By endorsing suitable courses, BOHS - as the leading UK professional body in occupational hygiene - aims to ensure that awareness training, in all aspects of occupational hygiene, is of the highest possible standard. We endorse various courses from awareness training to postgraduate degrees.
These are broad-brush introductory level courses aimed to provide information on subject-specific issues. They are ideal if you want to expand your knowledge and gain awareness in a particular subject area, without taking a formal qualification. They provide the opportunity to explore key issues which might include:
- Basic knowledge of the subject field
- An understanding of likely risks to health and how these can be minimised or avoided
- Factors to consider when engaging outside contractors or consultants
- An overview of relevant guidance and essential documentation and procedures
- Clarification of individual roles and legal responsibilities
These courses are more for generalists, such as small business owners/managers/directors with overall responsibility for health and safety and union health and safety representatives from larger organisations, who need to know how to comply with the law and understand best practice.
Successful completion of the course should lead to a better understanding of statutory requirements, how close they are to being met, and provide information about what, if anything, to do next.
BOHS Endorsed Courses are inspected by BOHS to ensure that the quality of the endorsed courses is maintained long-term.