Thermal Environment W502
This course aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the effects of the thermal environment on people, and the means of assessing and controlling the risks associated with thermal stress
Who is it for?
This course is for the following:
- Suitable for technicians and technologists who carry out measurements and testing in workplaces.
How is it delivered?
This course is typically run as a five-day taught course [minimum 45 hours, including practical/demonstration sessions, lectures, tutorials, guided reading, overnight questions and examination].
On completing this course successfully, you will be able to:
- Identify sources of thermal stress within the working environment;
- Understand the nature of thermal strain on the body;
- Make an assessment of the thermal environment through appropriate measurement and other means;
- Evaluate the likely risk from exposure to thermal stress;
- Suggest appropriate control approaches for the thermal environment.
There will be a 40 short answer question ‘open book’ examination with an allowed time of 120 minutes.
BOHS is the only awarding body for the W500 series occupational hygiene modules as part of the OHTA International Training Scheme and Qualifications Framework.
Why Choose a BOHS Qualification
Choose your BOHS Qualification
Find the full list of qualifications and courses on offer