Ergonomics Essentials (including Manual Handling and DSE) W506
This course aims to provide you with a broad-based introduction to ergonomic principles and their application in the design of work, equipment and the workplace. Consideration is given to muscular-skeletal disorders, manual handling, and ergonomic aspects of the environment as well as to the social and legal aspects.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for technicians and technologists who carry out measurements and testing in workplaces.
How is it delivered?
This course is typically run as a five-day taught course (minimum 45 hours including lectures, tutorials, practical/demonstration sessions, guided reading, overnight questions and examination).
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply ergonomic principles to the creation of safer, healthier and more efficient and effective activities in the workplace
- Conduct ergonomic risk assessments
- Develop appropriate control measures for ergonomic risk factors
- Describe work-related causes of musculoskeletal disorders
- Design a workplace according to good ergonomic principles
- Assess ergonomic aspects of the working environment and work for an organisation
There will be a 40 short answer question “open book” examination with an allowed time of 120 minutes.
BOHS is the only awarding body for the W500 series occupational hygiene modules as part of the OHTA International Training Scheme and Qualifications Framework.