Noise – Measurement and Its Effects W503
To provide you with an understanding of the nature of noise hazards in the workplace and the effects of noise on people. It also details the approach to carrying out noise assessments in the workplace and the general environment. This course will help you to determine the significance of measurement data concerning the various standards for compliance.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for technicians and technologists who carry out measurements and testing in workplaces.
How is it delivered?
This course typically runs as a five-day taught course (minimum 45 hours, including practical/demonstration sessions, lectures, tutorials, guided reading, overnight questions and examination).
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the consequences to health and well-being of excessive exposure to noise;
- Understand the measurement (including dosimetry) of noise concerning current standards;
- Conduct surveys in the workplace to assess risks from noise;
- Advise on the need and means of control including PPE;
- Appreciate and advise on environmental noise assessment and concern;
- Understand current standards and good practice in these fields.
There will be a 40 short answer question “open book” examination with an allowed time of 120 minutes.
BOHS is the only awarding body for the W500 series occupational hygiene modules as part of the OHTA International Training Scheme and Qualifications Framework.
Why Choose a BOHS Qualification
Choose your BOHS Qualification
Find the full list of qualifications and courses on offer