Our Response to COVID-19
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adapted our business processes and endeavoured to help our members and other stakeholders by providing helpful guidance and advice.
This has included creating a dedicated section on our website titled Coronavirus Hub, accessible from the home page, to act as a single place for all useful information and resources.
In this blog, we have included a round-up some of the most important updates and actions we have done to help our members and the general public during the COVID-19 lockdown.
We issued guidance on how to ensure a safe and healthy environment work during the COVID-19 pandemic by bringing together experts from our membership to advise on how best to address the direct and indirect consequences of the pandemic.
We issued guidance following concerns about the increasing amount of fake respiratory protective equipment in circulation, thousands of new respirators are flooding the market and criminals are taking advantage of the decision to allow the use of respirators that would not normally be used in the UK.
We created a list of BOHS endorsed guidance which is still growing daily as other similar organisations release great advice around COVID-19, including:
- Legionella Risks During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Face Mask Use Outside Healthcare
- COVID-19 in the Workplace
- … and much more!
We compiled a list of useful CPD opportunities you can still complete whilst in lock-down, see below some examples:
- Chair a virtual meeting – 2 points
- Attend a virtual meeting – 1 point
- Research for publications and papers – 1 point
- Self-study – Reading of journals/technical papers/blogs – 1 point
- Published paper in the Annals of Work Exposures and Health or other peer-reviewed publication – 2 points per paper
You can check out any guidance mentioned in this article at our COVID-19 Hub