If you have received the Thomas Bedford Medal, you will also receive:
- A full conference pass to the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference;
- A keynote presentation slot at the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference;
- A place at the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference Gala Dinner;
- £1,000 cash prize; and
- The Thomas Bedford Medal.
You will need to fill in an application form, where you can demonstrate an outstanding contribution to the improvement of worker health protection. You can put yourself forward or nominate someone else.
You must be involved in the field of worker health protection, including occupational health, occupational hygiene, health and safety, and be able to demonstrate an outstanding contribution to the improvement of worker health protection.
Terms and conditions
The applicant agrees that BOHS may use their name, and the name of their nomination, and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the awards, including but not limited to publication of their name, and the name of their nomination. The winner (and their representatives and personnel) may be required to and agree to take part in reasonable publicity events in connection with the award.
The successful applicant will have to:
- Arrange leave of absence with their employer.
- Arrange such insurance as may be directed by BOHS.
- Arrange their travel and accommodation at their own expense
- Within six weeks of returning from the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference, submit an article which will be considered for publication within BOHS’ Exposure magazine. The article should describe the professional aspects of the trip and the benefits gained from it.
- At all times for the duration of the award, conduct themselves in a manner befitting a professional occupational hygienist and a representative of BOHS.
- Agree to be potentially photographed and filmed during the presentation event for publication.