As winner of the Peter Hewitt Award, you will also receive:
- A full conference pass to the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference
- An invitation to the BOHS Annual Gala Dinner
- £2000 cash prize
The Peter Hewitt award aims to recognise each year an innovation, invention or initiative which contributes to the better understanding or practise of Occupational Hygiene in more than one country. This may be an innovation developed in one country in a previous year, but that has been actively promoted by the innovator or their partners to another country in the year of the award application.
This award is open to companies, individuals or teams. The Society can also accept nominations from those other than the applicants.
Applicants or nominators need to show:
- What the innovation, invention or idea is;
- That they are entitled to claim that they have been the creators, developers or innovators;
- What is new or different it;
- How they have acted to promote it in another country, whether with a partner or directly;
- That it has had impact on the practice or understanding of occupational hygiene. This could include inclusion in standard operation practices, regulatory or professional standards for practice, inclusion in an educational curriculum, wide reaction or independent response. Simply showing that it has been widely promoted or anecdotal evidence of impact is not accepted on its own.
Terms and conditions
The applicant agrees that BOHS may use their name, and the name of their nomination, and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the awards, including but not limited to publication of their name, and the name of their nomination. The winner (and their representatives and personnel) may be required to and agree to take part in reasonable publicity events in connection with the award.
The successful applicant will have to:
- Arrange leave of absence with their employer.
- Arrange such insurance as may be directed by BOHS.
- Arrange their travel and accommodation at their own expense
- Agree to be potentially photographed and filmed during the presentation event for publication.
Once complete, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org