If you are our Early Career Occupational Hygienist Award winner, you will receive:
- A full conference pass to the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference
- A place at the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference Gala Dinner
- £1,000 towards the cost of qualifications/training/CPD in occupational hygiene – including attendance at another conference
- One year's complimentary BOHS membership
You will need to submit an essay between 1500 and 3000 words this year's chosen topic:
“A key part of any Hygienist’s development is not only improving your hygienist skills, but also developing leadership and influencing skills - so could you provide an overview of a piece of work that you’ve recently worked on (you’ve led on), that demonstrates leadership skill, engagement with the customer and also where you’ve used the results of your measurement/monitoring programme to influence a change to working practices."
- Explain your processes for engaging with your customer and how you overcame any resistance to the implementation of those recommendations?
- Include in your answer the recommendations you made and an evaluation of their effectiveness.
- What are your key learnings from this and has this changed your approach?
You will also need to complete the application form providing evidence of your commitment to continuous professional development.
You will need up to six years’ experience in an occupational-hygiene related post and be a current member of BOHS.
Terms and conditions
The applicant agrees that BOHS may use their name, and the name of their nomination, and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the awards, including but not limited to publication of their name, and the name of their nomination. The winner (and their representatives and personnel) may be required to and agree to take part in reasonable publicity events in connection with the award.
The successful applicant will have to:
- Arrange leave of absence with their employer.
- Arrange such insurance as may be directed by BOHS.
- Arrange their travel and accommodation at their own expense
- Within six weeks of returning from the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference, submit an article which will be considered for publication within BOHS’ Exposure magazine. The article should describe the professional aspects of the trip and the benefits gained from it.
- At all times for the duration of the award, conduct themselves in a manner befitting a professional occupational hygienist and a representative of BOHS.
- Be potentially photographed and filmed during the presentation event for publication.
Once complete, email your application to email@example.com