A representative of the winning authors will receive:
- A full conference pass to the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference;
- A Keynote presentation slot at the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference;
- A place at the Annual BOHS Occupational Hygiene Conference Gala Dinner; and
- £500 cash prize.
Every two years we ask our readers to nominate papers from the Annals of Work Exposures and Health that they have found particularly interesting or useful, or in other ways worthy of consideration. The papers must have been published in the previous two years.
Any reader may nominate up to three papers, except for someone working in the organisation of one of the authors, or with a close personal link with an author. A nomination should be accompanied by up to 150 words drawing attention to the paper’s strong points, and by the name and address of the nominator (which will not be disclosed to the panel).
The winner is chosen from the list of nominated papers by a panel of the Editorial Board and three prominent members of BOHS, who report to the BOHS Board.
Terms and conditions
The applicant agrees that BOHS may use their name, and the name of their nomination, and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the awards, including but not limited to publication of their name, and the name of their nomination. The winner (and their representatives and personnel) may be required to and agree to take part in reasonable publicity events in connection with the award.
The successful applicant will have to:
- Arrange leave of absence with their employer.
- Arrange such insurance as may be directed by BOHS.
- Arrange their travel and accommodation at their own expense
- At all times for the duration of the award, conduct themselves in a manner befitting a professional occupational hygienist and a representative of BOHS.
- Be potentially photographed and filmed during the presentation event for publication.
BOHS announces winner of Bedford Prize 2020.
Annals of Work Exposures and Health