Chartered Fellow of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
What Is Chartered Fellow Membership?
Have you been a Chartered Member for at least five years?
Can you demonstrate a distinct contribution to the advancement of the profession?
If yes, its time to apply for Chartered Fellowship.
Fellowship of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene is the highest award that the Faculty can bestow on a practising professional hygienist. It is awarded only to applicants who have been in the Chartered Member grade for at least five years and who can demonstrate seniority in the field of occupational hygiene and who also can demonstrate a distinct contribution to the advancement of the profession to the satisfaction of the Faculty Board.
As a Chartered Fellow you'll be able to use the CFFOH post-nominals and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Chartered Fellows are required to:
- Complete CPD
- Comply with our Code of Ethics
- Chartered Member for at least five years
- Post Nominal Letters - CFFOH
- Access to Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25
- Eligible to apply for an entry in the BOHS Directory of Occupational Hygiene Services.
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Free subscription to the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, our peer-reviewed scientific journal usually worth over £1000, including access to the full archive
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Eligible to apply for the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register [OSHCR]
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
- 20% discount on any public health and epidemiology titles published by OUP
From the 1st July the 2019 membership is £67.00
You will need to renew your membership by the 31 December and each year after that. We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much is due.
How Do I Apply?
Applicants need to submit an application letter with a CV and also contact details for two referees who are already Fellows of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene to the BOHS Membership Team at email@example.com
For further information please read the guidance below:
If you are retired (full time) and an existing Chartered Fellow you might be eligible for Retired Fellow Grade. Retired membership means you no longer have to complete CPD, can use the post nominal letters FFOH (Ret) and still have access to your membership benefits at a reduced cost.