A Healthy Working Environment For Everyone
Guidance For Occupational Hygienists
One of the ways BOHS supports its occupational hygienists is by publishing technical publications on key relevant subjects, and we have a long and distinguished track record of providing authoritative advice in this area.
Pieces of technical guidance may be developed for a number of reasons e.g. in response to changes in legislation; demand from BOHS members, or the wider community.
Currently available publications are listed below, most of which available free of charge:
- Information on application of COSHH to dusts not assigned workplace exposure limits or hazard classifications
- Clear and concise report writing: guidance for occupational hygienists
- Sampling strategy guidance
- Testing compliance with OELs for airborne substances
- TG12: The thermal environment (second edition)
- TG12: The thermal environment - addendum to the second edition (note: the addendum must be read in conjunction with the second edition; it does not replace it)
- TG15: Direct reading devices for airborne chemical contaminants.
BOHS also produces, or makes available, a number of guidance sheets, leaflets and other information covering specific aspects of occupational hygiene or aimed at particular industry sectors. These are usually aimed at more general health and safety professionals, to help them better understand how to protect workers’ health.
A wide range of support materials, specifically produced for the construction industry, is available via the link below.