A Healthy Working Environment For Everyone
Who We Work With
BOHS is a founding member of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA), established in 1987, which provides an international voice for the occupational hygiene profession and has close working links with the World Health Organization and the International Labour Organization.
The IOHA newsletter can be read on this link.
BOHS also has a strong alliance with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), whose sponsoring governmental department is the Department for Work and Pensions, through many of its members (including several current and past Council members), as well as through partnered initiatives. Strong allegiances also exist with trade unions, business and other health and safety organisations.
Some of the organisations we work with are:
BOHS is a founding member of the Health in Construction Leadership Group (HCLG), a collaborative group comprising contractors; clients; the Health and Safety Executive; professional bodies; trade associations; and trade unions. The HCLG's mission is ultimately to eradicate the ill health and disease caused by exposures to health hazards on building sites.
BOHS is a member of the Occupational Hygiene Training Association (OHTA). It is also the awarding body for the international occupational hygiene modules, which are part of the OHTA international training scheme and qualifications framework.
- The Council for Work & Health
- The Asthma Partnership Board
- Asbestos Sub-Committee of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Occupational Safety and Health
- European Standards (CEN) working group revising EN689 (on sampling strategy for testing compliance with exposure limits)
- NVvA Sampling Strategy Joint Working Group
BOHS is a board member of OSHCR - the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants' Register. OSHCR was established in response to the Government’s Common Sense, Common Safety report, which recommended that all Health and Safety consultants should be accredited to a professional body, and that a register of certified professionals be established in the form of a web-based directory. The register aims to assist businesses in finding advice on general health and safety management.
A network of professional bodies, including BOHS, and stakeholders worked together in partnership to develop this register, which has established a benchmark standard for safety consultants and helped to raise the quality of advice being given to businesses.
If you belong to any of the societies listed, you can access FREE benefits from BOHS – all conveniently available online!
We also work with global occupational hygiene bodies, and can offer a number of special benefits to their members.
International Partners Programme
If you belong to any of the societies listed below, you can access FREE benefits from BOHS - all conveniently available online!
Your FREE benefits include online access to:
- The current edition of Annals of Work Exposures and Health
- Annals of Work Exposures and Health back catalogue
- BOHS Exposure magazine
- Regular e-bulletins
- Member area of the BOHS website
If you’re already a member of any of the following societies, all you need to do is ask them for details of how to access BOHS membership benefits:
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists
- Belgian Society for Occupational Hygiene
- Hong Kong Institute of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene
- Malaysian Industrial Hygiene Association
- New Zealand Occupational Hygiene Society
- Norwegian Occupational Hygiene Association
- Occupational Hygiene Society for Ireland
- Southern African Institute for Occupational Hygiene
- Swiss Society for Occupational Hygiene
Global Access Programme
If you’re a member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) or the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH), you can access FREE benefits from BOHS! Please click on the box to find out more.