Elected in accordance with FOH Regulations (Section 3.3).
The Registrar of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene is the principal Board Officer responsible for Professional Standards of the Occupational Hygiene Profession.
The Registrar represents the Faculty Committees to the Board and Chairs the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene Committee, undertaking those functions outlined in the FOH Regulations and the Faculty Code of Ethics.
The Registrar is responsible for upholding the Charter in respect of professional standards for the Profession and oversight of the maintenance of a Register of Members and oversight of qualifications leading to professional recognition.
- Uphold the Code of Ethics for the Faculty and ensure ethical concerns raised are addressed.
- Report to Board as requested and otherwise advise it on any significant matters relevant to the Faculty.
- Act as spokesperson for the Faculty and represent its interests at events (national and international) to which the Faculty is officially invited.
- Provide effective leadership for and ensure the delivery of all Faculty business including membership, promotion, competence/examination issues, etc.
- Appoint members to represent the Committee
- Provide appropriate content as required for the Faculty Bulletin and contribution to the Society’s other publications
- In January each year to produce a written report for inclusion in the Society’s Annual Report.