What is Member Level Membership?
Don't miss out!
This level of membership is aimed at professionals who want to achieve the highest professional standards.
Employers will know that when they work with a person who is a FAAM Member, they are dealing with someone who is at the top of their profession.
It demonstrates you have relevant skills and knowledge, you are commitment towards CPD, the Code of Ethics and your development, and ensures you remain relevant and employable.
As a Member you'll be able to use the MFAAM post-nominal and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Members are required to:
Comply with our Code of Ethics
The route to this level of membership;
Route 1 (Member Application): For those holding the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (CoC) and also having 5 years’ experience at a professional level.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they meet the competency requirements by completing an application and submitting supporting evidence.
The joining process for this level of membership is as follows
Applicants are required to submit an application. To complete and submit the application you will need to visit the application page. Once the application is approved, applicants will be invited to attend a professional discussion. On successfully completing the professional discussion, the applicant will be awarded Member level and be invited to subscribe to membership. Applications for this level of membership are subject to FAAM Board approval.
- Post Nominal Letters – MFAAM
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
The application fee* is £545.00. It is split into two parts. They are:
Submission of an application £130 (payable on submission)
Professional Discussion £415 (payable at the professional discussion stage)
If your application is successful you will be required to pay the membership fee which from the 1st July 2019 is £62.00.
*Application fee is non refundable (this includes both parts).
You will need to renew your membership on the 31 December and each year after that.
We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log into or register for a My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in/registered click on 'Become a member' from the membership drop down menu
- Choose which route is most suitable for you; populate and submit the application form along with your supporting evidence.
- Your application will be reviewed by the FAAM Board. If your application is approved Head Office will contact you with further information about activating your membership and paying the subscription fee which is currently £62.00 (from 1st July 2019).
- If your application is not approved, then you will be given more information about other levels of membership which may be suitable and/or information about professional development.
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.