Senior Occupational Hygienist
- Salary range: £35k to £50K (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Car allowance/company car
- Health Care Plan Employee Assistant Programme
- £2k company joining fee if applying directly payable on successful completion of probationary period
Peritus Health Management is an Integrated Occupational Health and Occupational Hygiene Company whose focus is on reducing the adverse effects of work on health. We provide a ‘one stop shop’ for customers who wish to manage their health risks and promote and protect the health of their most valuable assets, their employees. Our occupational hygiene team currently provide air, noise and vibration monitoring and we would like to extend the services provided to cover all aspects of occupational hygiene.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Senior Occupational Hygienist to join our multidisciplinary team, leading in the development of services, our existing and new staff and striving for continual quality improvement and customer satisfaction. Working within the management team, the successful person will work with Occupational Health Specialists and Safety Professionals to ensure a professional and seamless service delivery.
- Lead the Occupational Hygiene Department team, ensuring quality service provision
- Undertake onsite occupational hygiene monitoring to professional standards and producing high quality and detailed technical occupational hygiene reports
- Develop business in line with Peritus Health Management’s business plan and monitor the strategic outcomes
- Implementing and monitoring quality improvement scheme
- Develop and support with the delivery of training for staff and customers
- Work with the Clinical Director to support customers with health risk management following occupational hygiene and health surveillance outcome review
- Assessing new customers health needs and working with the Business Development Executive to provide a professional and informative proposal
- Liaising with clients on contracts, including travel to customer sites for inductions, site work and review meetings
Responsible to: Director
This is an exciting opportunity to join us on the development of our Occupational Hygiene provision and look forward to speaking with candidates who are:
- Ready for their next challenge
- Highly self-motivated and organised with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good attention to detail.
- Capable of motivating and nurturing future and current Occupational Hygienists
- Excited by working within an integrated Occupational Health and Occupational Hygiene service and focusing on health improvements as an end goal
- Achieved or working towards Licentiate Certificate of Competency or above from the British Occupational Hygiene Society and/or Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- An in-depth understanding of and experience in best practice techniques for conducting industrial hygiene related surveys and the associated risk reduction techniques (including physical installation, use and maintenance of industrial hygiene survey equipment).
- Full UK driving licence is essential as the role will involve travel
- Right to work in the UK
- Relevant BOHS qualification / experience in Legionella, LEV testing, Hand Arm Vibration, Whole Body Vibration Assessments, COSHH Risk Assessments, Legionella Risk Assessments, EMF Assessments, Environmental Monitoring, Air Quality.
- Training and Assessing qualification / experience
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.