We are seeking to recruit an Occupational Hygienist with the attitude and capabilities to succeed in the challenging and rewarding expert witness field whilst continuing to develop their professional expertise. This is an opportunity to secure an integral position in a growing business. Experience as an expert witness is not necessary as full training will be provided.
In the short-medium term you will be mentored in a team environment to provide expert witness reports involving occupational exposure to asbestos and other areas within your professional experience.
In the longer term you will maintain and service your own expert-witness case load as well as contributing to our occupational hygiene consultancy services. In your expert witness work you will work independently to provide expert evidence and advice to legal professionals and to assist the courts in legal proceedings.
· Excellent written communication skills with the ability to consistently produce high quality reports to budget and timescale
· At least five years’ experience in a consultancy practice or with an industrial employer in a role involving assessment and/or management of occupational health risks.
· Experience in the assessment and management of asbestos risks.
· Member of BOHS (or working towards Member grade)
· Educated to degree level or higher in a technical discipline
· Self-motivated with excellent personal, organisational and communication skills
· Ability to manage own diary and work load
Salary and location
Excellent salary and bonus; negotiable dependent on experience.
The position is open to candidates throughout the UK. Our office is based in Doncaster. Flexible working arrangements are available, including homeworking.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Laura Naughton, Practice Manager at: email@example.com www.pragmaandassociates.co.uk
Closing date: 31 December 2020