Occupational Hygienist EHS Advisor
GSK are recruiting for an Occupational Hygiene EHS Advisor to join them on a permanent and full-time basis at the primary pharmaceutical manufacturing site in Montrose.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be responsible for running an occupational hygiene program and will work with the wider Occupational Hygienist team across the whole of GSK.
To provide independent and objective Occupational Hygiene (OH) expertise, support, training, advice and guidance to Operations and support functions to enable them to effectively manage OH in their business areas.
To promote, monitor and encourage the highest levels of OH and wider EHS performance to ensure compliance with legal requirements, site standards and GSK standards.
To work alongside EHS team members and cross functional teams to drive all aspects of EHS Improvement
- Provide specialist advice & leadership in Occupational Hygiene (OH) aspects of EHS.
- Provide OH monitoring support where required using appropriate OH techniques and interpret results to determine action plans.
- Manage 3rd party OH monitoring contractor, critically review associated reports, challenge results and cooperate to produce effective improvement plans
- Input and maintain results through in-house database
- Devise, manage and drive progressive OH Improvement Plan to achieve appropriate OH Maturity model milestones in a timely manner
- Provide OH capability build and coaching to staff and leaders
- Provide OH and EHS advice, leadership, coaching, support and guidance to site staff and leaders including audit, risk assessment, regulatory advice & Liaison, training, continuous improvement and incident/near miss investigation
- Active participation in Business Unit EHS Management, accountability meetings.
- Provide advice & input into development of EHS Management System, EHS Strategy & Plans and EHS Improvements.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 9th August 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
- NEBOSH Certificate is essential
- British Occupational Hygiene Society Certificate in Occupational Hygiene is essential
- Proven experience of working within an occupational hygiene role
- an excellent understanding of risk assessment techniques
- excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- ability to partner, work with and influence a broad range of staff and management
- good problem-solving skills
- flexibility with an ability to manage own workload in a busy, rapidly changing environment
- exhibit the mindset and behaviours to effectively work and continuously improve in an independent role
- Previous experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry or related industry
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose – along with our goal of being one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies – helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Apply via the GSK website here: https://gsk.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/GSKCareers/job/UK---Angus---Montrose/Occupational-Hygienist-EHS-Advisor_298029-1