Occupational Hygienist EHS Advisor
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be responsible for running an occupational hygiene program and will work with the wider Occupational Hygienist team across the whole of GSK.
To provide independent and objective Occupational Hygiene (OH) expertise, support, training, advice and guidance to Operations and support functions to enable them to effectively manage OH in their business areas.
To promote, monitor and encourage the highest levels of OH and wider EHS performance to ensure compliance with legal requirements, site standards and GSK standards.
To work alongside EHS team members and cross functional teams to drive all aspects of EHS Improvement
- Provide specialist advice & leadership in Occupational Hygiene (OH) aspects of EHS.
- Provide OH monitoring support where required using appropriate OH techniques and interpret results to determine action plans.
- Manage 3rd party OH monitoring contractor, critically review associated reports, challenge results and cooperate to produce effective improvement plans
- Input and maintain results through in-house database
- Devise, manage and drive progressive OH Improvement Plan to achieve appropriate OH Maturity model milestones in a timely manner
- Provide OH capability build and coaching to staff and leaders
- Provide OH and EHS advice, leadership, coaching, support and guidance to site staff and leaders including audit, risk assessment, regulatory advice & Liaison, training, continuous improvement and incident/near miss investigation
- Active participation in Business Unit EHS Management, accountability meetings.
- Provide advice & input into development of EHS Management System, EHS Strategy & Plans and EHS Improvements.
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd February 2022
- NEBOSH Certificate is essential
- British Occupational Hygiene Society Certificate in Occupational Hygiene is essential
- Proven experience of working within an occupational hygiene role
- an excellent understanding of risk assessment techniques
- excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- ability to partner, work with and influence a broad range of staff and management
- good problem-solving skills
- flexibility with an ability to manage own workload in a busy, rapidly changing environment
- exhibit the mindset and behaviours to effectively work and continuously improve in an independent role
- Previous experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry or related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the biggest changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.