As the Occupational Hygienist you will be responsible for supporting the Site EHSQ Manager by developing and maintaining Occupational Hygiene systems and programmes and providing advice and support on Occupational Hygiene issues to the Clitheroe Site.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 250 organisation, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 12,600 people. We have more 200 years of success behind us; be part of the next stage of our growth journey and help maintain our reputation as one of the most admired organisations in our field. Our unique culture and people give us competitive advantage and will ensure our success for years to come. You can be part of that success story.
• Advising on legislative and industry standard requirements as they relate to Occupational Hygiene
• Devising and implementing action plans to ensure the business remains compliant with relevant legislation and standards
• Carrying out all aspects of the Occupational Hygiene monitoring and assessment programmes devised in conjunction with the JM Group Occupational Hygienist
• Analysis and presentation of monitoring data
• Support and management of the site COSHH assessment system and Occupational Health Screening programme
• Working with the site operations management and engineering teams to design out health risks
Requirements for the role:
• High level of numeracy, working with systems, data and statistical analysis
• Degree in Biomedical science, Chemistry or environmental health based subjects (Desirable)
• Experience of working in an industrial manufacturing environment– preferably within chemical, pharmaceutical or petrochemical industry
• Able to give and receive clear and unbiased information
• Delivers Innovative & Practical Solutions
• Certificate of operational competence in occupational hygiene (from BOHS or equivalent qualifications) or working towards this qualification
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 25 days annual leave (varies for shift-based roles).
At JM, an inclusive culture is integral to our values and ambitions for the future. We are committed to ensuring that everyone can bring their full self to work and thrive in their career. Welcoming everyone to JM, regardless of their unique characteristics, experiences or thoughts allows us to bring many different voices and experiences together to tackle the world's biggest challenges. Being truly inclusive means that all colleagues feel valued for their differences, views and contributions, and feel a sense of belonging at JM.
Johnson Matthey is open for discussion on part time, job share and flexible working patterns.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. For guidance and tools on CV writing and interview preparation please click here.