Vacancy: Occupational Hygienist – 18 Months FTC
Location: UK – Royston, Hertfordshire
Job Family: EHS
Johnson Matthey is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products.
Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources Sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
Johnson Matthey have an opportunity for an Occupational Hygienist to join us on an 18 month Fixed Term contract based at our site in Royston, Hertfordshire. The Occupational Hygienist joins the EHS team and will manage all areas of Occupational Hygiene such as Chemical agents, Noise, Vibration, Thermal Environment, PPE management and exposure assessments. They will provide the exposure assessment and reporting activities required to ensure our staff are adequately protected against chemical and physical hazards in the workplace.
- Undertake surveys and assessments to evaluate risks to health in the workplace
- Precise use of specialist equipment to accurately measure and sample levels of exposure
- Work with the site laboratory for submission of the samples on the system and getting them analysed
- Maintenance of Occupational Hygiene Laboratory and equipment
- Conduct wipe sampling and face velocity measurements training when required
- Support departments with regards to COSHH Assessments
- Conducting face fit testing and liaise with PPE monthly inspection provider
- Maintain occupational hygiene records
- Undertake exposure improvement activities
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Previous experience working as an Occupational Hygiene Technician or Occupational Hygienist
- BOHS Module W501 Measurement of Hazardous Substances
- BOHS Module W507 Health Effects of Hazardous Substances
- BOHS Module W503 Assessment and Control of Noise
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience using MS Office and LIMS
- Ability to produce concise written reports
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply on our Website. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact UKRecruit@matthey.com.
Please apply via our Website: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=JOHNSONMATTHEY&cws=45&rid=12371
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.