Occupational Hygiene Consultant
Are you ready to take charge of occupational hygiene projects and make a positive impact on workplace health? As an Occupational Hygiene Consultant at Envirocare, you will be at the forefront of undertaking and managing comprehensive surveys for a range of chemical, biological and physical agents, ensuring the well-being of yourself and others.
Representing Envirocare, you’ll travel to client sites both in the UK (and sometimes abroad), performing surveys aligned with HSE guidance and internationally recognised methods, following our Quality Management System (QMS).
Envirocare looks after our team and understands the importance of work-life balance and is proud of the positive feedback received from our employees on scheduling work to minimise travel.
Ideally you will already be an Affiliate or Licentiate member of the BOHS Faculty of Occupational Hygiene, holding BOHS modules and proficiency certificates (eg. W501, W503, W505 & W507, P601 etc), or already hold your Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene or Chartered status. Alternatively, you can join our training programme, to help you enhance your career, as you work towards this goal, and beyond, with our experienced team to support you.
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for our business, embodying professionalism and courtesy at all times. Embrace a “can-do” attitude, champion safety, and receive support from our Directors and Management Team, along with additional support from dedicated roles in Technical, Training, Sales, HSEQ, Business Administration, with Group Level support for IT, Finance and HR.
Envirocare is a leading UKAS and MCERTS accredited Stack Testing and Occupational Hygiene Consultancy. We offer testing and advisory services throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe. Envirocare was founded in 1994 and is now part of Cura Terrae, which is a leading UK group of environmental companies working together to help take care of the Earth. Our partners at Cura Terrae offer complementary services to Envirocare to help our clients achieve and maintain environmental and occupational hygiene compliance.
Your main responsibilities
- Embrace and champion our Health & Safety policy and the Envirocare QMA.
- Adhere to all client Health & Safety policies.
- Engage and communicate effectively with clients, showcasing your expertise.
- Be self-motivated and have a proactive approach to managing your projects.
- Undertake sampling with adherence to prescribed procedures.
- Collaborate with dedicated team support, to ensure impeccable planning, preparation, and execution of surveys.
- Maintain all equipment in good repair and calibration.
- Preparing and authorising site risk assessments.
- Writing and submitting excellent technical reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Undertake site review meetings and inductions.
- Showcase your attention to detail in authorising reports and assisting colleagues when needed.
- Contribute to upselling services by leaving a lasting impression on potential clients.
Our offer to you
At Envirocare, we value our exceptional team and offer:
- A competitive salary, recognising your skills and dedication.
- Monthly Car Allowance, plus business mileage.
- An Apple iPad and mobile phone, plus laptop.
- iSmith innovative system, designed to streamline the efficiency of your projects.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days, plus bank holidays).
- £30 overnight allowance, plus £30 meal allowance for fee-earning site days away from home.
- Team development and team building days.
- Home working with flexibility.
- An abundance of local work close to your home base.
- A company pension scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme, and other benefits that prioritise your well-being.
- Engaging companywide events.
- Opportunities for career development and progression, with paid professional membership(s).
- Cycle to work scheme for those who love eco-friendly commuting.
Envirocare: your home for growth and support
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment, where every team member thrives. Our investment in your professional development reflects our dedication to your growth and the impactful work you contribute to. This is a home based position, all UK locations considered, and use of any of our network of Cura-Terrae offices can be used.
Join us - apply now
If you possess a full, valid UK Driving Licence and are excited about a role that will challenge and develop your skills, we want to hear from you! If you hold occupational hygiene experience you will be a valuable addition to our vibrant team, where we will nurture and expand your technical capabilities.
At Envirocare, we value diversity and embrace the unique contributions of all individuals. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and we are open to considering part-time or job share arrangements for any role. Join us and become part of a passionate team that cares about making a difference!
How to Apply
Applications should be made via email to email@example.com and should include a CV and covering letter outlining the position applied.
Envirocare is an equal opportunities employer providing a supportive friendly working environment.