Occupational Hygiene Consultant
RED OHMS Group is an Australian based consultancy, and we are looking for emerging and experienced occupational hygiene consultants to join our established team in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australian and the Northern Territory. We want professionals who are passionate about their work and want to work in a growing company that has opportunities for individual growth and development. If you are interested in working internationally or would like to diversify your career, we would like to hear from you! Assistance with visas and Australian working rights can be provided to successful candidates.
RED OHMS Group is a NATA and ISO certified consultancy, with Headquarters in Perth, that services the mining, oil and gas, industry and government across Australia. We are specialists in providing occupational hygiene, environment, hazmat and training support and solutions for our client base. We work smart, are committed and keen to succeed.
To be successful in the position we are looking for an occupational hygiene consultant who has proven experience in the following.
- Conducting health and hygiene risk assessments.
- Creating health and hygiene management plans.
- Experience and skills in the operation and execution of industry related equipment e.g. for fibre, dust, weld fume and volatile organic compound sampling.
- Conducting noise surveys and noise dosimetry.
- Project management skills: planning, preparing, & executing hygiene monitoring programmes.
- Experience in researching occupational hygiene issues and providing pragmatic solutions to our clients.
As a minimum, the successful candidate shall display the following attributes.
- High attention to detail and ability to maintain focus on the task at hand.
- Sound time management and organisational skills.
- High degree of flexibility with working arrangements, site travel according to client requirements is required (i.e. FIFO);
- A desire and willingness to learn, be mentored by AIOH Certified Occupational Hygienists and to mentor technicians.
- Possess an enthusiastic and can-do outlook.
- Be willing to engage with and contribute to a dynamic team environment.
The successful candidate shall possess (or be working towards) the following qualifications.
- Post graduate qualification in relation to occupational hygiene.
- Other qualifications in a science or related discipline is desirable.
- Ability to obtain Full Membership with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) and a desire to become a Certified Occupational Hygienist.
If you fit this description or are working towards the above, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remuneration will be negotiated and based upon candidate experience and qualifications.
BOHS is committed to ensure that Occupational Hygiene services are provided by suitably qualified and experienced professionals, in line with our Buyer’s Guide BOHS-Buyers-Guide-Sep-19.pdf and Consultants Guide Good-Practice-Guide-Version-2-rebranded-2021-1.pdf (bohs.org). In order to promote the recruitment of professional occupational hygienists to appropriate posts, we advertise roles on behalf of other organisations. When we advertise roles, please do not to take this as an endorsement or promotion of the organisation concerned, nor is BOHS in a position to screen or alter advertisements or verify their contents.