Primary Location: Unit 8 Chancerygate Business Centre, Manor House Ave, Southampton SO15 0AE
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
ABP Associates Limited (ABP) are a family run asbestos consultancy providing UKAS accredited services including management, refurbishment and demolition surveys as well as testing (bulk analysis, asbestos in soils analysis and all aspects of air testing – backgrounds, reassurance, leak, clearance testing). Our mission is to prevent asbestos exposure and therefore keep the public safe and to ensure all our clients meet their legal responsibilities when managing their asbestos.
We act with integrity and professionalism at all times and strive to build strong relationships with our customers based on trust. Our customers know they can rely on us for expert, practical advice which is also cost effective.
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Analyst/Surveyor who has a breadth and depth of experience and knowledge to join our site team. This excellent opportunity will be based at our Southampton offices and will require travel across the south.
More details about ABP Associates and the services we provide are available on our website www.abp.uk.com.
ABP are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Award at the beginning of 2022. We have a very open, supportive and inclusive culture and are committed to encouraging and supporting our colleagues to grow and develop and be the best that they can.
Your role will include all disciplines of asbestos surveying and analytical works in accordance with our UKAS accreditation and ABP Quality manual.
You will be expected to travel around the south for site visits and meetings, a company van is provided with fuel card and breakdown cover and all travel time is paid. You may be required to stay away overnight. As much notice as possible will be given regarding overnight stays, a daily meal allowance is agreed and accommodation is booked and paid for in advance by the company.
You will be encouraged to undertake further training based on training needs analysis conducted by our Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager. ABP are a training provider for the BOHS so the candidate will have access to all asbestos related proficiency modules including the W504 and the Certificate of Competence in Asbestos.
The responsibilities of your role will include:
As an Analyst (Air testing)
- Always adhere to the ABP quality system.
- Conduct internal and external quality control schemes in a timely fashion.
- Conduct sampling and analysis of airborne fibre concentrations required by the internal procedure.
- Inform the Quality Manager of any anomalies or non-conformances with the method.
- Communicate any preventative actions or improvement suggestions to the Quality Manager.
- Maintain safe working practice in the laboratory, the mobile lab, temporary laboratories and on site.
As A Surveyor
- Ensuring that the Method Statement and on-site health and safety requirements are followed.
- Ensuring that the tasks of both their self and their Second surveyor/s are conducted strictly in accordance with the ABP Associates Ltd Quality Manual and relevant procedures and the current version of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR).
- Bringing to the Project Co-ordinator or Project Manager’s attention, any unforeseen health and safety issues whilst on site. If competent to do so, the lead surveyor will assess the risk and implement any control measures arising from his/her assessment.
- Ensuring that any waste materials produced through the activities of the survey team are disposed of in a safe manner (in the case of asbestos or other hazardous materials, in accordance with The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011.
You will have:
- significant, relevant and recent practical experience of management, refurbishment and demolition surveys in commercial, industrial and residential settings.
- significant, relevant and recent practical experience of all aspects of air testing including background, leak, reassurance, personal testing and four stage clearances.
- excellent communication and engagement skills for day-to-day working at all levels including colleagues, trainees, senior management, contractors, customers and members of the public.
- excellent organisational skills and time management.
- initiative and decisiveness
- the ability to work both as part of a team and as a lone worker.
- the ability to follow and work to procedures but also be proactive and adaptive whilst maintaining quality.
- experience of using software packages, including Office 365 and Alpha Tracker or Teams.
A full driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK is essential.
- BOHS P402 – Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
- BOHS P403 – Asbestos Fibre Counting (PCM)
- BOHS P404 - Clearance Testing & the Requirements of Certificate for Reoccupation
- Self Motivated
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Name: Alison Pomeroy – HR Director at ABP Associates Limited
T: 023 8052 8571