- Provide oversight and support on industrial hygiene matters to the North Sea business and disciplines in the health hub as required.
- Support development and implementation of business-specific integrated health plans aligned with business/customer risk profile, regulatory & bp requirements, P&C health & wellbeing and P&O HSE&C health and industrial hygiene priorities.
- Provide IH technical leadership of local response to global health incidents (eg. pandemic) and IH emergency response preparedness. Develops and tests IH-related scenarios within the site/region emergency drills and exercises.
- Act as an informed buyer and manage contracted services (aligned with central health contracts/ 3rd party service provision) for routine and IH emergency response preparedness.
- Lead and/or provide oversight in the planning and execution of workplace exposure assessment of work-related health risks associated with chemical, physical, biological, and ergonomic hazards and advises on suitable risk prevention or control measures and on-going integrated risk management strategy.
- Lead the implementation of global IH programmes and digital solutions locally eg. exposure monitoring, chemicals risk management and ongoing local ownership and oversight of these programmes. Maintain appropriate and accurate records within ethical and data protection boundaries.
- Conduct a risk based self-verification and support central health assurance activity as planned.
- Provide IH input into Contractor Management and procurement processes to coordinate and integrate bp health requirements and expectation
- Apply standardized health reporting, performance management and quality improvement in line activity including local risk factors, KPIs and other local metrics; their integration into global bp health metrics for further aggregation, analysis, and learning.
- Maintain relationships with relevant local health authorities, regulators, government agencies, advocacy groups and industry bodies. Identifies, monitors, and prioritizes IH aspects of emerging health issues and new and evolving IH legislation and/or bp standards.
- Serve as an advocate for and raise visibility of Health, wellbeing and Industrial hygiene and their value to the business among business leaders’ line, managers, and employees. Support and facilitate the “culture of care.
- Coach the offshore medics to deliver IH activity on the installation, supporting their development and hold them to account on deliverables defined in bp’s Operating Management System (OMS) .
- Own and maintain the regional industrial hygiene procedures ensuring they comply with UK regulations and bp group guides.
Current occupational qualification is recognized by the International Occupational Hygiene Society (IOHA) National NAR (National Accreditation Recognition) Scheme. Formal qualifications constituting university degrees, examination certificates that confirm a level of educational attainment or licenses.
- Familiar with the energy sector including offshore.
- Good command of UK regulatory health, safety and industrial hygiene requirements.
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose