Valero Energy Corporation, the world’s largest independent oil refiner, refines, markets and supplies energy products to the world from our refinery in Pembroke. Pembroke is one of Western Europe’s largest and most complex refineries, with a total throughput capacity of 270,000 barrels per day. We currently have the opportunity to recruit an Industrial Hygienist within the Health, Safety and Environment Department based at Pembroke.
- Analyse, identify, and measure workplace hazards that can cause sickness, impaired health, or significant discomfort for employees through chemical, physical, ergonomic, or biological exposures
- Ensure that the Refinery is provided with Industrial Hygiene standards, processes and guidance to facilitate safe and compliant operation in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the corporate & industry network to ensure that the Industrial Hygiene standards and processes are kept current and improved as required.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and assistance to the refinery to ensure the effective application of Industrial Hygiene standards and practices.
- Carry out Industrial Hygiene monitoring to comply with corporate and UK legislative requirements.
- Work with refinery management to ensure that personnel work in a safe environment at all times.
- Previous experience in an Industrial Hygiene role is essential, preferably in the oil & gas industry or other continuous process industry
- You will hold a Science, Engineering or Occupational Health degree or equivalent and be a certified member of a recognised OH / IH Professional body, such as the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
- Knowledge and experience of HSE legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance notes is essential.
To apply please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 13th August 2023