Graduate Occupational Hygiene Consultant
Job title: Graduate Occupational Hygiene Consultant
Location: Kildare, Ireland
Type: Permanent – full-time
Shorcontrol Safety is an Occupational Health and Safety company specialising in Safety training and Occupational Hygiene Consultancy.
Our Occupational Hygiene Department identify, assess, and control risks to workers’ health from hazards present at their workplace including but not limited to Hazardous Chemicals, Indoor Air Quality, noise/vibration monitoring, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, etc. Our team provide consultancy to a wide range of industries including but not limited to the food and drink, aviation, production, medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors.
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic Graduate Health and Safety Student looking to build a rewarding career in Irelands leading OH consultancy with a growing team of Occupational Hygienists. This role will see you working on a full-time basis, operating primarily from our head office in Naas whilst completing travel to client sites as required.
- Equipment and sample management
- Data and sample analysis
- Calibration and set-up of equipment
- Travel to client sites throughout Ireland to assess exposure to noise, dust, chemicals etc. as required.
- Compile high quality reports based on your site work.
- Manage your own workload and diary with direction and support from the Occupational Hygiene Team.
• A keen interest in the area of workplace health, specifically in relation to human exposure to a wide range of physical, chemical and biological agents.
• Ideally a Postgraduate qualification in occupational health and safety or similar discipline or BOHS qualifications, though anyone with an interest or aptitude for occupational health and hygiene will be considered.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in in biology, chemistry, workplace health and safety, engineering, physics or a science-related field.
• Strong interpersonal, numerical interpretation and organisation skills
• Excellent communication skills both face to face and over the telephone.
• Good observational skills and a facility for working with numbers.
• Competent in office applications and related software.
• Car and full driving license, as travel is required for this position.
What we offer you
- Flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.
- A team of highly qualified hygienist to mentor and support you in conducting surveys and building a meaningful career in a specialised and highly valued field.
- Extensive client base giving access to a variety of interesting projects and industries.
- The opportunity to be fully supported with in-house and external training to assist in your eventual progression to BOHS Certificate and Diploma of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene.
- Competitive salary (depending on Qualifications), company laptop and smartphone, work/travel expenses, access to all monitoring equipment and tools required for assessments, professional memberships, and commitment to on-going Continuous Professional Development.
- Opportunity to mix home, site and office work as required.
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org