Action on Respiratory Health Summit
Welcome to the Action on Respiratory Health Summit! A collaborative construction industry event supported by the Health in Construction Leadership Group (HCLG), the Construction Dust Partnership, the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS), the British Lung Foundation and RVT Group.
Exposure to respiratory hazards, such as dust, mist, fume and gases, continues to be a major concern on construction sites. The HSE reports around 13,000 deaths a year linked to past exposure at work, primarily to chemicals or dust.
Who is speaking at the event?
• Julian Hayward, Director at RVT Group, will welcome attendees to the event and introduce Grace Rutland from the British Lung Foundation.
• Clive Johnson, representing HCLG will discuss what support we can expect from the newly formed Respiratory Health Working Group.
• Kevin Dupont, RVT Group, will speak on the hierarchy of control, offering examples of site solutions for respiratory hazards on site. Product demonstrations and real-life case studies will also be shown.
• Keith Prince (Laing O’Rourke) and Nick Wing (McGee Group) will each share how they have overcome respiratory hazard challenges on past projects.
• Steve Perkins, Steve Perkins Associates, will share some of the challenges faced whilst supporting the M25 Highways project, and how the learnings can be transferred to site.
• Kevin Bampton, CEO at BOHS, will discuss new training resources available from BOHS.
• Our speakers will take part in a panel discussion, hosted by Colin Nottage (Construction Dust Partnership). They will share their views on health hazard control and how the industry can move forward.
Notes: RVT Group will be donating £2 to the BLF for every verified registration. Registrations for this event are capped at 1000. Please note, we only require your address for the purposes of sending you an event pack. Event packs are available for the first 250 registrations.