Performance Evaluation, Commissioning and Management of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems P604
P604 – Performance Evaluation, Commissioning and Management of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems gives you the practical and theoretical understanding of how to fully commission or re-commission an LEV system, to ensure that it has been designed properly and can effectively control airborne contaminants in the workplace.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone responsible for managing, commissioning and evaluating the performance of LEV systems. This could include:
- Commissioning engineers
- Maintenance managers
- The assigned LEV lead in a company
- LEV TExT engineers
- Occupational hygienists
It may also be suitable for those who wish to progress into these job roles.
The level of a qualification indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
This is a level 5 qualification in the BOHS qualifications framework.
How is it delivered?
The P604 course is typically conducted over five days, which comprises a minimum of 32 hours of learning time. This includes 24 hours of teaching time and 8 hours of independent study (in your own time).
The course can be delivered more flexibly, such as one day per week, but should still include 24 hours of teaching time.
Modules / Learning objectives
To provide you with the knowledge and skills to commission new and existing LEV systems, to ensure that they are designed, installed and maintained to a standard where they effectively control airborne contaminants in the workplace.
- Hazardous substances and processes
- Workplace control principles
- Elements of ventilation systems
- Evaluating the performance of ventilation systems
- Assessment of control
- Developing an LEV management system
- Practical work
You must pass two parts within 12 months:
- Written examination
- Commissioning report submission
- A comprehensive Student Manual, which covers the full range of subject areas included in the qualification
- Report submission guidance to support you and tutors
- A support pack for tutors which provides sample examination questions and guidance on the written examinations