Basic Design Principles of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems P602
This course gives you a practical and theoretical understanding of best control practice for hazardous substances, the role of local exhaust ventilation (LEV) in this regard, and how to design LEV systems. This course also shows you how to evaluate their performance to ensure that they are functioning properly to protect worker health.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone responsible for designing LEV system components and evaluating their performance. This could include:
- LEV designers/specifiers
- Engineering personnel involved with the maintenance of LEV systems
- Assigned lead LEV engineers within a company
- LEV TExT, inspection and commissioning engineers
- Occupational hygienists
- Health and safety practitioners and managers
It may also be suitable for those who wish to progress into these job roles.
The level of a qualification indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
This is a level 4 qualification in the BOHS qualifications framework
How is it delivered?
The P602 course is typically conducted over four days, which comprises a minimum of 24 hours of learning time. This includes 18 hours of teaching time and 6 hours' independent study (in your own time).
The course can be delivered more flexibly, such as one day per week, but should still include 18 hours of teaching time.
Modules / Learning objectives
To provide you with the theoretical and practical knowledge for designing and evaluating the performance of local exhaust ventilation systems, to ensure that they effectively control airborne contaminants.
- Workplace control principles
- Design of LEV systems
- Evaluation of the performance of LEV systems
You must pass two parts within 12 months:
- Written Theory examination
- Two case study submissions
- A comprehensive Student Manual, which covers the full range of subject areas included in the qualification
- Sample case study examples and submission guidance
- A support pack for tutors which provides sample examination questions and guidance on the written examination
Why Choose a BOHS Qualification
Choose your BOHS Qualification
Find the full list of qualifications and courses on offer