Thorough Examination and Testing of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems P601
This course gives you a practical and theoretical understanding of best control practice for hazardous substances, the role of local exhaust ventilation (LEV) in this regard, and how to test and maintain LEV systems to a standard which reduces occupational ill-health.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone who is responsible for testing and maintaining LEV systems. This could include:
- LEV engineers (e.g. TExT/commissioning engineers)
- Maintenance managers
- LEV system designers
- Installation contractors
- Occupational hygienists
- Health and safety practitioners and managers
- The designated 'LEV lead' within a company
It may also be suitable for those who wish to progress into these job roles.
The level of a qualification indicates the relative complexity and depth of knowledge and skills required to attain the qualification.
This is a level 4 qualification in the BOHS qualifications framework.
How is it delivered?
The P601 course is typically conducted over four days, which comprises a minimum of 24 hours of learning time. This includes 18 hours of teaching time and 6 hours' independent study (in your own time).
The course can be delivered more flexibly, such as one day per week, but should still include 18 hours of teaching time.
Modules / Learning objectives
To provide you with the knowledge and skills to carry out thorough testing and examination (TExT) of local exhaust ventilation systems, to ensure that they are performing to a high standard.
- Workplace control principles
- Ventilation systems and their performance evaluation
- Health and safety during examination and testing of LEV systems
- Reporting and documentation
You must pass four parts within 12 months:
- Formative Practical Assessment
- Written Theory examination
- Written Practical examination
- Two workplace report submissions
- A comprehensive Student Manual, which covers the full range of subject areas included in the qualification
- Report submission guidance
- A support pack for tutors which provides sample examination questions and guidance on the written examinations