A Healthy Working Environment For Everyone
There are many advantages to joining BOHS: becoming a member offers the opportunity to increase knowledge, improve skills and enhance professional competence.
Benefits of Membership
- Member rates at our events – saving up to £150 at the Annual Conference alone
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Free subscription to the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, our peer-reviewed scientific journal usually worth over £1000, including access to the full archive
- Access to Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25 for Faculty Members
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your personal access to the members’ area of the website where you can view jobs, manage your profile, view publications and much more
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
- CPD online submission (for Faculty Members)
- Access to the member benefits of sister societies in America (AIHA) and Australia (AIOH)
- 20% discount on any public health and epidemiology titles published by OUP
Benefits of Membership Explained
Conferences and Events
BOHS provides an exciting and varied schedule of events throughout the UK, which are available to everyone. These events are a great way of networking to make new contacts and increase your knowledge – with many events qualifying for CPD points. Also, BOHS members receive discounted delegate rates at all BOHS events.
BOHS has an established UK-wide regional network: each region is headed by a Regional Organiser, who co-ordinates local meetings and other events.
There are a number of ways that BOHS can support your professional development, including;
- Our continuing professional development (CPD) scheme, which we administer for all Faculty members. CPD is your investment in your career: whatever the current stage of your career, whatever your aims and goals are, CPD can provide the means to achieve career progression.
- Professional qualifications, for career enhancement and professional recognition
- Jobs vacancies within Occupational Hygiene
BOHS’ official magazine Exposure is published six times a year: BOHS members receive a personal copy.
Annals of Work Exposures and Health
BOHS Members receive a personal copy of the Annals ten times a year. It is BOHS’ peer-reviewed, world-renowned scientific and research journal, published by Oxford University Press.
Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25 for Faculty Members
Members of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene are covered by the BOHS Group Licence for the prescribed use of 1-(2-methoxyphenyl) piperazine. This is used in the Method for Determination of Hazardous Substances (MDHS) (the current version) the preferred sampling and analytical method for determining exposures to organic isocyanates.
Active members of the Faculty will be permitted to operate under the licence as long as they comply with the requirements of the Standard Operating Procedure
Member Benefits of Sister Societies - GAP Membership
To strengthen the OH profession and increase international collaboration, BOHS has partnered with the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) to extend benefits of membership to each association's members to promote a wider range of knowledge.