What is Member Level Membership?
This level of membership is aimed at professionals who want to achieve the highest professional standards.
Employers will know that when they work with a person who is a FAAM Member, they are dealing with someone who is at the top of their profession.
It demonstrates you have relevant skills and knowledge, you are commitment towards CPD, the Code of Ethics and your development, and ensures you remain relevant and employable.
As a Member you'll be able to use the MFAAM post-nominal and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Members are required to:
Comply with our Code of Ethics
The route to this level of membership;
Member Application: For those holding the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (CoC) and also having 5 years’ experience at a professional level.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they meet the competency requirements by completing an application and submitting supporting evidence.
The application consists of an application form and a professional discussion. For further details of the application process and to apply click here.
Applications for this level of membership are subject to FAAM Board approval.
Once the application is approved, you will be invited to attend a professional discussion. On successful completion, you will be awarded Member level and be invited to join as a member.
- Post Nominal Letters – MFAAM
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- FAAM News and BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
The application fee* is £545.00. It is split into two parts. They are:
Submission of an application £130 (payable on submission)
Professional Discussion £415 (payable at the professional discussion stage)
If your application is successful you will be required to pay the membership fee which from the 1st January 2020 is £127.00
*Application fee is non refundable (this includes both parts).
You will need to renew your membership on the 31 December and each year after that.
We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log in or register for a MyBOHS account using the link below
- Complete the application form and pay the fee
BOHS Mentoring Program
Whether you are an emerging professional seeking to develop your skills in occupational hygiene, looking to graduate through the BOHS membership ranks or are a seasoned, long-standing BOHS member looking to give back to the profession, the mentoring program is available to all members.