What is Member Level Membership?
Don't miss out!
This level of membership is aimed at professionals who want to achieve the highest professional standards.
Employers will know that when they work with a person who is a FAAM Member, they are dealing with someone who is at the top of their profession.
It demonstrates you have relevant skills and knowledge, you are commitment towards CPD, the Code of Ethics and your development, and ensures you remain relevant and employable.
As a Member you'll be able to use the MFAAM post-nominal and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Members are required to:
Comply with our Code of Ethics
There are two routes to this level of membership;
Route 1 (Member Application): For those holding the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (CoC) and also having 5 years’ experience at a professional level.
Route 2 (Member Special Application): Is for those with extensive professional experience. (As a guide this will be 10 years). This route will be available for a time limited period only following the launch of FAAM in October 2017 and will end on 31 January 2019.
For both routes, applicants will be expected to demonstrate that they meet the competency requirements but completing an application form and attaching supporting evidence.
The joining process for the two routes to this level of membership are as follows
Route 1 (Member Application): Applicants are required to submit an application. To complete and submit the application you will need to visit the application page .Once the application is approved, applicants will be invited to attend a professional discussion. On successfully completing the professional discussion, the applicant will be awarded Member level and be invited to subscribe to membership.
Route 2 (Member Special Application): Applicants are required to submit an application. To complete and submit the application you will need to visit the application page. Once the application is approved, the applicant will be awarded Member level and be invited to subscribe to membership.
Applications for this level of membership are subject to FAAM Board approval (for both route 1 and route 2).
- Post Nominal Letters – MFAAM
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
The membership subscription fee is £120.00.
The application fee* is £545.00 for route 1 and £130.00 for route 2
Your membership will expire on the 31 December 2018.
*Application fee is non refundable
You will need to renew your membership on the 31 December and each year after that.
We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log into or register for a My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in/registered click on 'Become a member' from the membership drop down menu
- Choose which route is most suitable for you; populate and submit the application form along with your supporting evidence.
- Your application will be reviewed by the FAAM Board. If your application is approved Head Office will contact you with further information about activating your membership and paying the subscription fee which is currently £120.00.
- If your application is not approved, then you will be given more information about other levels of membership which may be suitable and/or information about professional development.
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.