A healthy working environment for everyone
Faculty of Asbestos Assessment and Management (FAAM)
FAAM is BOHS’ new Faculty of Asbestos Assessment and Management, and its overarching aim is to provide a professional home for the asbestos industry, by meeting the key objectives within the profession. FAAM’S vision is to:
- Pursue excellence for all those who practise in the asbestos assessment and management profession
- Establish, develop and maintain standards of competence in asbestos assessment and management practice for those who are members of FAAM
- Act as the guardian of professional standards and ethics in the profession of asbestos assessment and management
FAAM’s vision will be achieved by:
- Operating a professional membership scheme
- Administering and governing examinations in asbestos and related subjects
What is occupational hygiene and how does it relate to asbestos?
Occupational hygiene is the scientific discipline concerned with recognising, evaluating and controlling workplace health risks – ‘worker health protection’. Occupational hygienists use science and engineering to develop cost-effective solutions to control both obvious and hidden risks to health – these risks include asbestos.