We are seeking to recruit someone who specialises in the field of asbestos with the attitude and capabilities to succeed in the challenging and rewarding expert witness field. This is an opportunity to secure an integral position in a growing business. Experience as an expert witness is not necessary as full training will be provided.
In the short-medium term you will be mentored in a team environment to provide expert witness reports, relating to civil claims involving exposure to asbestos. In the event that you have broader occupational hygiene experience then you will also have the opportunity to work in other areas within your field.
In the longer term you will maintain and service your own work load, working independently to provide expert evidence and advice to legal professionals and to assist the courts in legal proceedings.
As an existing expert in your field, you will have the opportunity to also provide consultancy to duty holders and other clients with asbestos management responsibilities. In the event that you also have broader occupational hygiene experience, then we can offer consultancy opportunities in other areas within your field.
· Excellent written communication skills with the ability to consistently produce high quality reports to budget and timescale.
· At least five years of experience gained in a role involving assessment and/or management of asbestos risks.
· Educated to degree level or higher in a technical discipline.
· Self-motivated with excellent personal, organisational and communication skills.
· Ability to manage own diary and work load
Salary and location
Excellent salary and bonus; negotiable dependent on experience.
Open to candidates based anywhere in the UK. Our office is based in Doncaster. Flexible working arrangements are available, including homeworking.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Laura Naughton, Practice Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org www.pragmaandassociates.co.uk
Closing date: 31 December 2020