Technician - FAAM
What Is Technician Level Membership?
Become one of the first members of FAAM
This is the first step for those wishing to gain professional recognition as an asbestos professional.
It demonstrates you have relevant skills and knowledge, you are commitment towards CPD, the Code of Ethics and your development, and ensures you remain relevant and employable.
As a Technician member you'll be able to use the TFAAM post-nominals and access all the membership benefits and resources.
One of the BOHS Level 4 qualifications: P401, P402, P403, P404, S301, W504
RSPH Level 4 Certificate in Asbestos Laboratory and Project Management
Other similar qualifications (please contact BOHS)
Or one of the RSPH qualifications:
Level 3 Award in Asbestos Bulk Analysis*, Level 3 Award in Asbestos Surveying*, Level 3 Award in Asbestos Air Monitoring and Clearance Procedures*.
*Holders of these qualifications will be required to pass the written examination for the corresponding BOHS P module in order to bridge the gap between their Level 3 qualification and the required Level 4 qualification. The course is optional. To book this exam please click here
- Post Nominal Letters TFAAM
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
Membership is usually £82 for the year, however, as a special introductory offer membership is currently £52 for the year.
From December 2018 you will need to renew your membership by the 31 December and each year after that. We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much you is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log in or register for a MyBOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in/register click on 'Become a member' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the Technician option and follow the application process.
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.
Arranging a Bridging Exam
If your current qualifications mean that you'll need to sit the bridging exam in order to apply for technician level, then you'll be able to book your sitting online by following the link below.