Specialist Licentiate Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
What is Specialist Licentiate Membership?
Our Specialist membership route is for those whose expertise lies in one area of occupational hygiene.
As a Specialist Licentiate member you'll be able to use the LFOH (S) post-nominals and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Specialist Licentiate members are required to:
- Complete CPD
- Comply with our Code of Ethics
- Holder of the Certificate of Competence (CoC) in an Individual Subject and hold the W201 Basic Principles in Occupational Hygiene
- Post Nominal Letters - LFOH (S)
- Access to Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Free subscription to the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, our peer-reviewed scientific journal usually worth over £1000, including access to the full archive
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
- 20% discount on any public health and epidemiology titles published by OUP
The current 2019 fee is £103.00 join now and receive the rest of the year free of charge.
You will need to renew your membership by the 31 December and each year after that. We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much you is due.
How do I Apply?
- Log in or register for a MyBOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in/register click on 'Become a member' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the Specialists Licentiate Membership option and follow the application process.
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.
If you are retired (full time) and an existing Specialist Licentiate member you might be eligible for Retired Specialist Licentiate Grade. Retired membership means you no longer have to complete CPD, can use the post nominal letters LFOH (S) (Ret) and still have access to your membership benefits.
Contact the BOHS membership team to discuss.