Chartered Member of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene
What Is Chartered Membership?
Don't miss out on the chance to be a Chartered Member.
Chartered status is internationally recognised and signifies a high level of professional competence and experience BOHS is the only organisation in the world that offers Chartered Membership for Occupational Hygienists.
As a Chartered Fellow you'll be able to use the CMFOH post-nominals and access all the membership benefits and resources.
All Chartered Members are required to:
- Complete CPD
- Comply with our Code of Ethics
- Holder of the Diploma in Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- Post Nominal Letters - CMFOH
- Access to Home Office Group Licence for the current version of MDHS 25
- Eligible to apply for an entry in the BOHS Directory of Occupational Hygiene.
- Member rates at our paid events
- Free regional meetings on a range of topics
- Free subscription to the Annals of Work Exposures and Health, our peer-reviewed scientific journal usually worth over £1000, including access to the full archive
- Searchable online membership directory
- Regular E-bulletins with society and industry news
- BOHS' Exposure Magazine – keeping you up to date with society activities and giving information in a less scientific way
- Eligible to apply for the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register [OSHCR]
- Your online My BOHS account
- Access to networks of professionals to build and exchange expertise and knowledge
- Access to technical publications and advice
- 20% discount on any public health and epidemiology titles published by OUP
£137.00 for the year.
You will need to renew your membership by the 31 December and each year after that. We will send you renewal information well before the date to remind you how much is due.
Qualified Outside Of The UK?
There is the opportunity for Occupational Hygienists that have qualified outside of the UK to attain this grade of membership.
Visit the page below for more information about how to obtain our Diploma in Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene (DipOH) using your non-UK qualification.
How do I Apply?
- Log in or register for a MyBOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in/register click on 'Become a member' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the Chartered Member option and follow the application process
Already a Member? How do I Upgrade?
- Log in to your My BOHS account using the link below
- Once logged in click on 'Upgrade your membership' from the membership drop down menu
- Select the appropriate membership upgrade option and follow the application process.
If you are retired (full time) and an existing Chartered Member you might be eligible for Retired Member Grade. Retired membership means you no longer have to complete CPD, can use the post nominal letters MFOH (Ret) and still have access to your membership benefits.