Following the success of last year’s Breathe Freely in Construction roadshow series, BOHS, the Chartered Society for Worker Health Protection, is delighted to announce a new programme of FREE-to-attend breakfast workshops.
Sponsored by RVT Group, the workshops will run from July to November, with a new and refreshed format. They will provide attendees with a unique opportunity for direct involvement in improving worker health protection, and also to gain valuable insight into the Breathe Freely campaign: to not only review new developments in the campaign, but also to discuss key and emerging health issues in the construction sector, and contribute ideas which will help shape the next phase of the campaign.
The Breathe Freely initiative aims to raise awareness about reducing the incidence of ill-health and disease in the construction industry. Running for just over two years now, the campaign has gained unprecedented levels of support and delivered a wide range of free resources and materials for employers, to help them better understand how to control workplace health risks. This new programme of workshops will, in summary:
- Review the Breathe Freely campaign to date – in particular looking at some of the new developments including: the HI Standard tool for managing workplace health risks; the audit scheme being developed; and BOHS’ new construction course, Certificate in Controlling Health Risks in Construction (CCHRC)
- Discuss examples of actions taken on health in the workplace, including how Breathe Freely materials have been used; how occupational hygiene has been embedded, and the impact it has had
- Discuss key and emerging issues on health in the sector, and share ideas on the resources needed which could be developed as part of the campaign going forwards
The workshop programme for the remainder of 2017 is:
- July 13th: Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham
- September 21st: Brunel’s SS Great Britain, Bristol
- October 27st: Surgeons’ Hall, Edinburgh
- November 15th: London (exact venue TBC)
These workshops are FREE to attend, and include breakfast. If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, please register your place now at http://www.breathefreely.org.uk/breathe-freely-in-construction-roadshow-2017.html